Wednesday, August 19, 2009

¡Aquí!

Greetings from Perú!

Well, I woke up at quarter to 6 this morning and expected to feel tired. I don't. I guess that's the way that things go when breakfast's at 6:30 and you go to bed around 10.

I'm at this place called Ciudad de los Niños. It's an orphanage and residential school that the Capuchin Franciscans run. We've been running around so much that we haven't had time to make a tour, but that will happen after Mass in about an hour. The place is awesome. The boys are fantastic, the friars and staff are so friendly and inviting and hospitable, my apartment is part of a library, and man, this is gonna be awesome. Difficult, frustrating at times, but awesome.

The transition is a slow one: lots of English still, we haven't gotten started with our jobs, and we begin language school this next Monday, so we have some down time. We're getting very slowly acclimated to this little gem in San Juan de Miraflores, Lima, Perú.

I apologize for the brevity, but I don't feel right blogging at this hour on my second full day here. I've got a lot still to do! Much love to all those back in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment